Aj got his first ear infection. I could tell something was wrong towards the end of last weekend cuz he was just really fussy. so last monday (like just over a week ago monday) we went to the docs and he had a really REALLY bad ear infection in one ear and a little bit of one in the other. i felt so bad for him. we had to give him meds for five day and let me tell you he slept terrible. i dont know if it was a side effect from the meds or just the infection but he would only sleep maybe four hours at night and really didn't take naps at all. i felt so bad for him but at the same time i was sooo thankful that he is such a good boy and normally slept really good.
I just felt so bad cuz i didnt want him to be sick on his birthday. I am happy to say he is almost better. his ear infection is all gone but the med gave him the runs for one day and he got a diaper rash from it. its really sad cuz it is on the side of his leg as well so it kind of rubs against the diaper and he is pretty fussy about it. hopfully it will go away quick cuz we only have 3 DAYS till his bday party.
i'm pretty sure i am more excited then him, i'm mostly excited for his present...a front facing car seat!!!! i cant wait. do worry though thats not all he is getting, he also got a kiddie pool that i was hoping to use at his party and some squishy cars. Of course i got him cars, its the only word he really knows...everything is a car. my favorite is when he pointed to a tree and said 'car' so i said 'its a tree, can you say T-REEE?' and he went 'Ta Ta Ta Car'. i guess its just easier to say or something.




5 comments:
haha... One year already! I remember when you found out you were pregnant. Look at him go. Thanks for your suggestions... If I'm going to name my baby after a place it will be Rexburg or Rigby, don't you think? =) I like old timey names too... they never go bad. Happy Birthday AJ!
ashley skifton
I'm glad he's starting to feel better. Hopefully the weather will be good for this friday too.
Wow! I can't believe he's almost a year old! That's CRAZY!! Yay for AJ! I remember when you told us you were pregnant and I cried! Now he's almost a year old! INSANE! Congrats and I hope he feels better for his party. Like he'll remember, but you will!
Crazy ear infections are NOT fun. I've been really thankful taylor hasn't gotten any but we've seen a fair share in our extended families too. our nieces have tubes in their ears cuz they had probs. glad things are looking up!
Oh poor AJ! I can't believe he is already 1 yrs old! They grow too fast! Hope he gets feeling better!
Post a Comment