Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Official Announcement

So here is the Official Announcement:
Yes we are pregnant with our second child. I think I am about 6 weeks along. So for all of you doing the math in your head right now let me save you some time at tell you that yes that means we will have two kids under two! Although we did start "trying" we were not quite expecting it this soon. It took us a year to get pregnant with Aj so we figured it would take us some time to get pregnant again. but of course not this time. I think it only took 3 months! What luck! We are excited though. We were going to keep it a secret for a while but since today was my first sick day i figured its ok. I would like to point out the fact that Aaron was the one to blab it first.
I think another boy would be nice so that they would be each others friend (since they are so close in age) but i must confess i really REALLY want a girl. And since we will be having number two in Georgia i just think it would be perfect to have a girl. I could dress her up in a green velvet dress and do her hair in ringlets and teach her to say things like 'fiddlie-dee' and 'I'll think about that tomorrow'. If you dont know what i'm talking about i feel very sad for you.
Of course this pg has started off with a bang. we spent most of our vacation in Cali going to drs and ultrasounds and as of right now i am on light bed rest. really i just need to take it easy and not do any house work (a tragedy i know) I am a little worried though cuz we are moving at the end of the month and I'm going to have to clean my whole apartment. we'll see how that goes!

Sorry it was a book...i hate people who do all writing a no pics and i just turned into one...my bad

14 comments:

Nikki Nichols said...

Congrats Sam! I had no idea!!!! i hope you are feeling okay!

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

Wow!! Congratulations!! We haven't even popped out our first yet! ;) K so I have to confess that Adam and I have no clue what the Fiddlie dee and the other thing is about...expound? We are excited for you both! What a fun announcement!

Julie said...

Yay! Congrats! I hope everything goes well with the pregnancy and you are feeling okay. Let me know if you need help cleaning :)

alma and nicole smith said...

hey congrats sam! thats totally awesome. we're really happy for you and i hope pregnancy #2 goes well!

Heather and Josh Wickern said...

AH SAM!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! Since we won't be able to see you, you realize that I will be living through your blog. So you must keep it updated! We love you and miss you! Congrats again!

Unknown said...

Congrats Sam! You know, I was wondering if you were expecting...call it a hunch! :) I am so happy for you guys! Don't you just love the little surprises? (because it didn't take you long to get preggo the second time) Keep us updated with pictures! :)

Ashley said...

Congratulations! Number 2 sure is a different feeling. With the first you are so naive you don't know what to expect... with the second just kind of sigh thinking, here we go again! I hope you have a little girl too, and name her Pearl like you want too. Little Pearl in Georgia... it just has to be! =) I'm really excited for you and CALL ME about the cleaning, I secretly love to do it. =) OCD and all... take it easy!

ashley skifton

Cheney's said...

Wow you must hate my blogs then because I probably write more than I post pictures. :)
Anyway, congrats and I'm glad to hear that you first sick day was today, you know that means the baby is growing and it's okay. (that's why I say I'm glad to hear that you were sick) I'm sorry your Cali vacation was a hard one. And let us know if you need help moving. I know we will be moving too, but we're going to have family up here to help and you aren't so please let us know. :)

Heidi Sue Photography said...

Congrats!! Yeah, I think blog posts are naked without a picture too. If it's a girl maybe you can give her a little white pony and teach her to jump fences too. Ohhhh yes, I just said it! I find that our relationship tends to be satisfying, sarcarstic and occasionally morbid - I was trying to be consistent! Congrats again and sweet dreams!

The Clarks said...

wow that is great, sam! congratulations! i hope you get feeling better soon! (girls are a lot of fun) =)

Eric and Michelle said...

Congrats Sam! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl! AJ is adorable btw!

Caralee and Jon said...

Oh Yay!! I'm soooo happy for you guys!! That is awesome you didn't have to wait this time! Congrats you two!! Hope this pregnancy goes well!! Keep us posted! We miss you guys!

Hancock Family said...

Congrats Sam! I am so happy for you. that is so crazy for me to imagine. Good luck and i hope you don't get as sick this time.

Steve and Allison said...

YEAH!! I SCREAMED WHEN I SAW THIS. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!