Sunday, December 14, 2008

your baby can read!

so i saw this infomercial (you know how i love them) about these videos, kinda like baby ensitnen, that teaches your baby how to read. you can start them as soon as three months. what it is is a video that shows a picture of a card that says SNOW and then a picture of snow or it will say ARMS UP and then shows a baby that puts his arms up. so after a while when you kid sees the words arms up he reconizes it and will put his arms up in the air. and as each video is mastered you move on to the next one. the point is so that your child can read fluently by the time they are five. i really want it cuz it not only teaches them to read but it will encourage reading (so aj wont hate it like someone else i know...i bet you can guess who) as well as makes learning fun for him.

so when i have mentioned it to other people everyone this it is the dumbest idea ever and a total waste of money. it really discourages me that no one else thinks its a good idea. i'm sad

4 comments:

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

Sam!! I think it is a fabulous idea!! I saw the infomercial too and I have wanted to get it for several months now. It is pretty expensive, but I am determined to get it one day. Adam saw a small piece of the infomercial and he was pretty amazed! I think you should do it!

Cheney's said...

Actually Sam it's awesome. My friend did it with her kids and it actually did work!!! I wanted to do it with Audree, but the vidoe's were kind of expensive at the time and we couldn't afford them. The other movies I love it signing time...it honestly has helped us out so much. Audree was talking to us before most kids would and she doesn't throw very many tantrums because we can understand what she's saying. So I would advise you to get those too.... :)

Cheney's said...

PS...only if you can afford it all though....all of it gets pretty expensive. :)

Nikki Nichols said...

Sam, I was just reading your blog and my mom wants to get these for Beckett. Ryan and I are still thinking about it, but I think we are going to let her get them. I am sure we will not be hard core with them, but at least give him a head start. If we get them I will for sure let you make a dvd copy cuz they are like $200 EEEEK!!

www.thefamilynichols.com