I've been talking to some of the ladies here who's husbands went through OCS (only those who go stright in as an Officer do the 12 weeks) and this is what i have found out...
its they're goal to work you so hard that you throw up the first day
they make you do everything the same including shaving their head the first day (in fact as we were leaving we took one more peek at aaron and they had made the whole group roll up their pants i dont know why it was kind of funny)
most loose about 20lbs by the end and come back wicked ripped (one lady say her husband looked like he was in a concentration camp because his head was shaved and his face was so thin that you could see all his bones, but with a big hunkie body)
Ironiclly aaron will have lost like 20lbs by the end and i will have probably gained it....wahoo.
I am excited for the big fancy dinner they have at the end before graduation.
Just under a year ago they broke ground for a supply school up in Rhode Island (same base) so we are hopeing it will be done by Jan so that we can stay up here by family and not have to move down to Georgia. Everyone i talked to here says there are huge bugs in Georgia which i am not looking forward to!




6 comments:
I'm so sorry that he is gone, I hope you do get to see him on sunday. How is the pregnancy coming? I did get to see Angie while I was in California but Lauren had to work the night I was able to go over. I don't think those guys understand everything you have been going through lately, and I definitely know they don't understand what its like to be a wife and mother. they think its all roses and that we get to do whatever we want whenever we want. Like I'm going to drag around my baby to party with my friends. Maybe someday when it's their turn they will understand a little more. Oh and I'm saying all this because they have told me things concerning their feelings toward you that are just ridiculous. Don't worry about it, like I said they will understand some day. I just don't get why they aren't upset with me, it's not like I talk to them all that often. Anyway sorry for the novel. I hope you are doing well.
that is way exciting but sad not to have him around. you are strong and have good people to do stuff with. steve works maybe a mile away and i carry my phone too. good luck!!
I'm sorry that he's gone now. :( I hope these next 12 weeks go so fast for you!!! You can give me a call at any time...you know that right?
So how are you feeling? I hope you can stay in Rhode Island too....I HATE bugs...that's one reason why we are wondering if we should really go to Texas, I heard they have massive roaches that fly....YUCK!!!!
Anyway, I hope you're doing well.
I miss you guys a lot...I miss our Ladies time...even though we still had the kids with us. It was a lot of fun. I still don't know anyone here and it's getting kind of lonely. Brian is gone from 7 AM to 9 PM, which I shouldn't complain, but like you said...it's hard.
Anyway, this is really long, sorry. Call me anytime, most likely I'm doing nothing or I'm down on my hands and knees chasing the girls around. :)
Good luck this 12 weeks... It will be a surprise to your hubby how cute and pregnant you look when he gets back! I know it will be quite a juggle with aj and being pregnant, but you're a trooper and my hero, so you'll be fine! We miss you around here...
Oh Sam I'm sorry you didn't get to really say goodbye. That will be nice to have a ripped hubby though!! Good luck these 12 weeks. We'll keep our fingers crossed for Rhode Island! I would carry my phone with me too if I were you. I know I did when Jon was gone. He might have to go away again for a year or two just seeing him on weekends. We shall see.
Take good care of yourself and those two babies!!
aww im sorry sam :(
I hope you will be able to see him on sundays! Just wanted to tell you, i miss you! A.J is absolutly beautiful! love ya
Post a Comment